Steampunk Dragon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe place for Teenage Roleplayers, Gamers, and Anime fanaddics alike

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Empty
PostSubject: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 5:54 pm

OOC: Suicide Racing RP OOC

It was time... Our time. Not just mine. My rider was going to enter me in a race in a week. I've been preparing myself for this; a race in which the word 'survival' applies to. My rider wants me to win the Suicide Race.

Suicide Racing- a horse race held every year, during the second week of August, in Omak, Washington as a part of the Omak Stampede, a rodeo. Held for more than 70 years, the race is known for the spectacle of more than a dozen horses and riders racing down Suicide Hill, a 225-foot (69 m) slope at a steep 62-degree angle to the Okanogan River. Though the race has its inspirations in Indian endurance races, the Omak race is the 1935 brainchild of furniture salesman, Claire Pentz. The race has provoked serious concerns among animal welfarists and animals rights groups.

This roleplay doesn't exactly have horses for suicide racing. Hopefully, no beasts are harmed in the making and rolepalying of this roleplay... Hopefully.

Information

It was 2038. Suicide racing was promoted as a great sport. Of course it was; humans had no moral, no conscience, when it came to beasts. They let the horses rest for now; they've done their part since 1935. Human trainers and riders brace themselves for the big race. Hundreds of beasts and humans are shipped to the West, where the races were held. A huge variety of beasts were to race. Some were even trained to kill. It was like the Roman gladiators in ancient times, where animals and humans were forced to fight against their wills-except, they entered the race willingly. Every 3 months, a new race was held. Every month, it was busy. The future was much more cruel.

The course for the races were similar to the ones back then. Now that construction workers built buildings of rubies, diamonds, and other minerals, they also built the racecourse of hard glass. Layers of glass. And just like the course back in 1935, there was a long passageway in the glass... Then the steepest 'hill' you'll ever see. The 'hill' is really just glass, but the bend is sharp and slippery. Beasts running on the bottom of the glass tunnel racecourse should be wary of that part, while those flying should keep their eyes peeled for when the tunnel takes a sharp turn. Once inside the tunnel, each man and beast worked together to fight off the other teams. You can be first, last, whatever. As long as you live through that run, you'll be advanced to the next round. Remember, as long as you live. There's no guarantee that you'll survive. Suicide racing had become more dangerous over the years.

The beast in the races were always rabid and fierce. They barely showed any kindness to their masters or jockeys. Some trainers were killed in the process of training them, so fierce they were. The most dangerous ones were found in the East, where jungles hid them well. In caves and in the sky, dragons of all sizes and shapes were seen, caught, and tamed. Other beasts, such as rare balrogs, are harder to catch, simply because they are fiercer and they dwell in unusual places. The more placid and submissive, though still dangerous and unpredictable, are scattered all over the world.

Men and women can enter the Suicide Race. Only ages 17-50 are allowed.

Story

A boy that looked about age 17 murmured words to his shimmering-blue dragon. The dragon's bridle shook when the dragon looked at the boy, who petted it above the eye. It opened its mouth, screeching in pleasure. The boy winced.

"Are you ready, Dustin?" asked a gruff voice. It was the dragon trainer, Mr. Geof. Dustin Skeyler nodded, his tousled bronze hair bobbing. It had grown slightly longer, covering the back of his neck. "What about Apollo?" The dragon, upon hearing its name, screeched loudly, making Dustin wince.

"He's ready, sir!" Dustin called.

"Then off you go! Remember, you better survive, boy! I got my money on you. Ten thousand dollars gone to waste, I keep telling myself," growled Mr. Geof, who poked his head into the room. He gave Dustin a reassuring glare and waved them off. Mounting Apollo's back, making sure he was seated well in the saddle, took off without glancing back at the trainer. The big day was here.

Apollo screeched again, his wings flapping steadily, keeping a beat. His yellow eyes looked this way and that; his mouth staying open because he hated the bit that held him. Dustin patted the dragon's scaly neck. For a rough, intense race, he sure was acting prepared. Wearing only a loose white shirt and a leather vest, accompanied with black jeans and boots, he felt ready to face the crowd and beasts. Obviously, he was going to fly, though Apollo was probably fast when running.

They soon reached the Suicide Race. The man on the platform was announcing the start of this race as Dustin wiped the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand. Apollo shook himself. They both took a look around them, seeing large dragons and lying beasts and the ones that were going to run at the bottom of the tunnel.

"It's a good thing your a little larger than me," Dustin whispered. That wasn't true. Apollo was two cars long, one car wide, and his wingspan was fifteen feet. Apollo was considered medium.

"Let the Suicide Race begin!" boomed the speakers. Dustin was startled, and so was Apollo. But now, it was time to get the show on the road. Or tunnel.

The beasts lined up behind the red line, which was taped before the entrance of the glass tunnel. Dustin saw how high the tunnel was, but it was a tad narrow for a dragon to swoop down. But it was wide enough. Just barely. Large dragons were no good, while large running beasts had the advantage.

There was a gun shot, and the race started.

Plot

You are a racer in the Suicide Race. In order to enter, you must have a gender, be between ages 17-50, and have a beast, no matter how rabid and dangerous it is. Riders are called jockeys, and the beasts are called steeds. You race to survive, and win the crown. In total, there are 38 rounds to beat. To advance to the next round, you have to survive. Not just you, your steed, too. If you, or your steed, don't survive, well, it's obvious you just lost the game. But if all 38 rounds aren't completed yet and you are the last standing jockey on your steed, you immediately win, receive the big gold cup, and return home as a victor. Then go in the next race.

If you advance to the next round, but don't want to go, you can always forfeit and receive a small, silver medal to hang around your neck. The jockeys and beasts that die in the races will be honored and their families would be paid twenty thousand dollars. Five thousand more if the steed dies, too.

The tunnel is three miles wide and eight miles high. The passage leading to the 'hill' is thirty miles. Exactly thrity. The bend of the hill is almost eighty-nine degrees and the bend is slippery. The top of the tunnel bends sharply, so flying beasts must dive downward. The hill is one mile to the bottom. Then, there is a lake and tall trees, so the dragons and running beasts are slowed down. After that, go all the way to the Survivors' Stadium, which is another thirty miles. Once in the large, glass stadium, you can rest.

The rounds get harder. The tunnels become rigged with hi-tech traps that can fatally damage a steed and kill a jockey. In each round, more and more traps are laid, but otherwise, the course is the same. The last standing jockey and his steed don't need to make it to round 38 to win. They win around round 10, or less.

You start two weeks before Round 1 Suicide Race, which is January 1, 2038. In this time, you are lodged in a jockey hotel, kind of. There, you are expected to meet the jockeys and their rabid beasts, size each other up. Make peace with each other if you must. In the race, it's a kill-or-be-killed kind of situation.

Rules

1. No godmodding or powerplaying wihtout permission.
2. No Mary Sues/Gary Stus.
3. If you make yourself, or your beast, almighty and undefeatable, you'll get kicked out.
4. No time skip without my consent.
5. I have the right to change the rules at any time.
6. Your character must be between 17-50. I'm pretty strict about that...
7. No flame wars, spamming, or multiple OOC posts.
8. I expect this to be semi-lit to lit, so no ch4tz sp34kz3rs, 'kay? Be descriptive!
9. Okay, yeah I said be descriptive, but no in-depth gore and romance, all right?
10. Romance is allowed, but this is a roleplay about a race in which you must think about yourself and your beast only. Selfishness, almost.
11. Post character forms and OOC in OOC thread.

Character Sheet

Username:
Name:
Appearance: (pictures allowed)
Personality: (optional)
History: (also optional)
Steed: (Any beast, dragon, monkey... Anything wild, fierce, rabid. Even with rabies.)
Steed description: (Appearance and personality)
Other:

Been thinking of making this since last night. *shudders*

Last edited by KonayukiSpirit on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:48 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 5:54 pm

Approved Characters

Username: KonayukiSpirit
Name: Dustin Skeyler
Appearance: Dustin has tousled brown hair and bright green eyes. His skin is tanned and freckles litter his cheeks. He has a scar around his forehead-an ugly, thin, white line that ran from his left eyebrow and ended near the middle of his hairline. Scars show on his arms, legs, chest, back-anywhere on his body to show his intense training with his dragon.

Dustin has a lean, lithe body. He could never grow fat, only hidden muscles. Because of that, he was often mistaken for a weakling. Around his neck, he wears a necklace that has a turtle charm on it. He wears loose t-shirts and tank tops. He also wears torn jeans. (C+P shamelessly from my old character in DC)
Personality: Will be revealed.
History: When Dustin was ten years old, he was given a dragon hatchling. He named him Apollo, and ever since then, began to train his dragon with an old friend. In 7 years, Apollo became Dustin's friend a little. He still clawed and bit him, though.
Steed: Flying dragon.
Steed description: Apollo is a shimmering-blue medium-sized dragon. He has yellow-green eyes and two rows of sharp teeth at the top and bottom of his mouth. His tail has spikes on it.
Other:

Username: KonayukiSpirit
Name: Hope Quells
Appearance: Hope has white-blond hair that falls to the end of her neck. They curve outward slightly, and are sometimes put in a ponytail. She has pale skin, tanned in some places. Her fingers are strong and slightly blistered, and her skin bears the marks of past wounds when she was picked on and bullied. Her gray-blue eyes are dull and hold almost no cheer. Across her face, faint freckles speck the bridge of her nose and cheeks, though they seem to fade with each day she spends inside her house.

Hope has a very skinny body due to not being able to eat a lot. Her ribs show, but not much. She has a small chest and her collarbone can be seen. Though her cheekbones are not seen, she is considered 'emaciated', though she does not look like a walking skeleton. She wears short-sleeved hoodies and camouflage trousers. Underneath her hoodie, she wears a white tank top and a "A Race, Not Suicide" t-shirt. If Hope isn't barefoot, she would flats. (Also shamelessly c+p from an old character of mines.)
Personality: Hope is not as optimistic as her name suggests. She has no hope. As simple as that. But she is honest and speaks her mind and heart. Though she is thought of to be mute, people are not as surprised as she thought they would be when she talks. She is not one to trust at all, but she may seem to depend on others. She is not entirely independent, either. Hope is also very lonely, though it's a natural occurrence to her. In dire situations, she would start being optimistic, but most of the time, she would speak and think as if she were in a dream, like Luna Lovegood, except more sane.
History: Revealed, I guess.
Steed: A small kirin
Steed description: Kairi is a small kirin beast, found in the East. She has a small but sharp obsidian horn and bloodred eyes. Her coat color is a red-brown, like clay, and her mane is a golden brown. Her hooves are silver and her tail is a black fading to gray. She doesn't seem to mind things, much.
Other:

------

Username: Flyete
Name: Eleena
Appearance: http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs38/f/2008/329/a/c/Anime_Punk_Girl_by_joshua224467.jpg
Personality: Fun, adventurous, fierce, loves to win
History: unknown
Steed: Eel Hound
Steed description: (like the one from Avatar TLA https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/300pxeelhound.png/
Really energetic, loves to run and swim, but mostly run, is the fastest creature over land.
Other:

Last edited by KonayukiSpirit on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 am

Appearance: http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs38/f/2008/329/a/c/Anime_Punk_Girl_by_joshua224467.jpg
Steed description: (like the one from Avatar TLA https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/300pxeelhound.png/
Really energetic, loves to run and swim, but mostly run, is the fastest creature over land.
Other:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:53 am

Flyete wrote:
Other:

((Accepted ^_^))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:04 am

((Thank you!))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 3:29 pm

((No problem ^_^ Let's start xD))

Dustin had already lodged Apollo in the hotel's stalls. He was quite intimidated by the ferocity of the other beasts, and was also intrigued by them. Of course, they would interest any jockey; there were more beasts from the East then from the West. But now, Dustin was in the lobby, where a little fire was going on. Snow was still outside, and it was a bit chilly, but he knew that his steed is safe where he is... Though he might be a bit uncomfortable. He sat down on one of the chairs near the fake fireplace. It looked so real, and it had heat radiating from it, but it was just an electric, moving painting that was beautiful. America was so weird.

Hope almost disliked the place the moment she stepped into the lodge, after coaxing Kairi to get into her stall. Her mother and father, who were both retired jockeys, had almost forced her to get into the Suicide Race. She was forced to watch the cruel sport many times, and knew she might not make it. She lingered in the stalls, inspecting the other beasts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:04 pm

Eleena rode on her Eel Hound, Ryouken around a training course, their movements more like blurs than actions. She soon slowed Ryouken down and walked him over to the lodge they were staying at. She rode up to the stables for the beasts and dismounted. Eleena scratched below Ryouken's chin and smiled as his long tail swished from side to side. She took a piece of meat and fed it to him before making sure that he would stay there and going to the lodge. Making her way from the stables and to the lodge, she saw a boy who looked like he wasn't from here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:17 pm

Dustin could feel the eyes on him. He turned his head swiftly and saw a girl. He wasn't really surprised; girls were allowed to enter, too. She seemed to be a little older than her, or somewhere around his age. No duh, Sherlock, he thought to himself. Youngest possible jockey is 17. He nodded at the girl. He had already seen another girl somewhere... He didn't bother looking. Already, the other jockeys were coming into the lobby, some joking, some arguing. The stalls were going to be full soon.

Hope entered the lobby, pushed around by the other jockeys. She muttered swear words in frustration. Being skinny was almost no help at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:31 pm

Eleena walked up to Dustin. "Hey." She smiled. "Seems like there are going to be a ton of contestants this year," She said, looking around at all the people walking around. She looked back at Dustin. "So what's your beast?" She asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:48 pm

Dustin looked up at the girl's face. She was smiling at him. Talking to him. He smiled back, relaxing his spine against the cushiony back of the chair.

"It sure does look like it," he said. "Mine's is a dragon. What's yours?"

Hope finally was jostled out of the crowd and stood, panting in a corner of the lobby, hidden from view.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:52 pm

Eleena grinned. "Nice. Used to have one myself." She said, "But I got something better, an Eel Hound. Fastest thing over land that we know of."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 5:05 pm

Dustin narrowed his eyes, but still kept his smile. "Really? We'll see how it fares in the race, hm?" he said, a hint of playfulness in his voice. Cocky girl, he thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 5:11 pm

"You have to show me your dragon." Eleena grinned. "And I'll show you my Eel Hound."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 5:14 pm

Dustin nodded his head once. "Sure," he said smoothly. "Apollo would love some company for a while." He stood up and stretched, then walked over to the doors. Sweeping his hand out, he smiloed and said, "Ladies first."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 5:17 pm

"Thank you." Eleena said and stepped inside without hesitations even with all the different varieties of beasts inside.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 5:27 pm

Dustin, having seen most of the beasts already, stepped out after the girl. "No problem," he replied to her thanks. Then, he began to walk towards Apollo, who screeched loud enough to pop someone's eardrums. It also made the other beasts uneasy.

Hope heard the screech and dashed outside, pushing past Dustin and Eleena to get to Kairi, who lay across from Apollo. "Kairi!" she gasped. The kirin's head appeared and growled reassuringly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:25 am

Eleena grinned once she saw the dragon. "He's amazing!" She said and then looked over at the girl who burst in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:54 am

"Really?" Dustin asked wearily. "He's a big pain in the neck. right, boy?" He rubbed his scales. Apollo jerked his head back, cooing in disgust, like a chicken. Shaking his wings and head, he saw the girl. Slowly opening his mouth, he flicked his tongue out, hissing like a snake. Dustin smacked the dragon's snout. "Apollo!" The dragon screeched again.

Hope looked back tentatively at the two and the dragon. Her ears ached from all that screeching.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 1:01 am

Eleena looked back at the dragon. "Yeah, I haven't seen one like it." She smiled and took a step forward, slowly putting her hand out for him to smell it before she touched him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 1:52 am

Apollo slowly opened his jaws again. Dustin knew what was going to happen and smacked his snout again. "Apollo!" he said sharply. The dragon hissed at him before daintily sniffing the girl's hand. His tongue flicked out and covered it in his saliva. Thank the gods he held the acid in his glands... Dustin thought, relieved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:49 am

Eleena giggled and gently touched his snout.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:49 pm

Dustin held Apollo steady as the girl gently touched his snout. Apollo seemed to glare at Dustin with the eye facing his jockey.

"Easy, boy," Dustin snapped.

Hope looked at the two and eyed the dragon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:18 pm

Eleena pulled her hand back with a small smile. "You wanna see my Eel Hound?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:43 am

Dustin grinned. "Sure!" he said, releasing Apollo's halter. The dragon's head retreated into his stall, grumpily screeching his displeasure.

Hope tended to Kairi. The kirin growled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:31 pm

Eleena smiled and made her way over to a pretty big stall. The Eel Hound's head rose as she came near and his tail swished from side to side contently. Compared to a lot of the other creatures, he was a fairly big size. Eleena opened the gate and went in, petting his smooth skin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...   Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suicide Racing: My Road to Fame...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next